Sunday, 1 February 2015

Mental Illness SUCKS

So January 2015 has been...eventful, to say the least. I was faced with the horrible news that one of my closest friends passed away. Until now, I do not know how to take the news. If anything it has been a real reality shock. I know my friend was suffering with mental illness, and this just makes me even more angry. Mental illness is not taken near enough as serious as it should be. Why does a disease of every other organ induce sympathy, and yet when its the brain that is in question, ignorant people want to pass judgement? In this past month I have come to realise just how insensitive people can be. I ask for time off work to attend my friend's funeral, and I am told 'it is too short notice, who arranges a funeral with such short notice'. I can not even comment on the stupidity of this statement. I mean I can, but for the sake of this situation I am holding myself. People have contacted me with a lack of condolences, but purely shown interest in the cause of her death. Come on people. Some one has just died. Dead. I am still coming to terms with it, and yet the whole world around me seems to just want to be insensitive and gossip.

Tanusha was my best friend throughout my two years at college. Every moment spent with her was filled with dark twisted humour, food, more food, secret hideouts and food. If it wasn't for her I honestly would of hated college a lot more than I did. She made it bareable. I will always remember her for her 'don't give a fuck' attitude, and her way of always seeing the best in people. She was the type of friend we all fail to be. She'd give 110% and you could always count on her to be there and have your back. Those two years were filled with the most fun and rebellion I have ever had. I am so grateful to have had such an amazing person be in my life. We spent our time finding secret hideouts so we could eat lunch there and be away from all the people we hated. We'd meet up in the mornings before college for breakfast, bunk lessons we hated so we could eat more food, return for our final lesson then meet again to eat more food. I hate that such amazing people have to hurt, and I hate that the world isn't less cruel. Thank you for turning everything I say into a silly innuendo. Thank you for always being up for eating and bitching. Thank you for understanding my stupid jokes and always being the one to laugh the loudest. Thank you for singing and dancing with me to the shittest of songs. Thank you for showing me that not giving a fuck about what people think is the best way to live. Thank you for the memories and the thoughtful messages. Thank you for being my rock and saviour when I needed someone most.

The world has truly lost a tremendously skilled artist and incredible soul.

Love and miss you always.





No comments:

Post a Comment